Ole Miss football was needing something good to finally happen when Christmas came five days early. The early signing period left Rebels fans smiling.
Ole Miss football has seen it’s fair share of ups and downs over the past number of months. With everything which has happened many Ole Miss football fans had lost hope. Of course, nothing helps more than signing a good recruiting class. December 20 marked the early signing period where recruits can sign letters of intent.
On Wednesday many Ole Miss fans were pleasantly surprised by the early signees. A total of 14 recruits signed letters of intent to play football at Ole Miss. Of course, there were also a few surprises. There were a number of players who flipped from other schools. This points to the Ole Miss coaching staff working hard.
Luke And Staff Working Hard
Ole Miss Rebels Football
According to 247Sports.com with the 14 early signees the 2018 Ole Miss recruiting class jumped to No.32 in the nation. Of course this is a vast improvement compared to where Ole Miss football recruiting was sitting just prior to the early signing period. The Rebels began the day ranked No.60.
Head coach Matt Luke and his staff have been working the recruiting trail hard and it shows with this very talented class. Coordinators Phil Longo and Wesley McGriff have both been busy loading up talent on both sides of the ball for Ole Miss.
Although this class was predominately top-heavy on the defensive side of the ball there was an obvious focus in recent days on several offensive players as well. Here’s a complete list of all the early signees.
The Early Signees
- Matt Corral, QB, Long Beach, California
- Elijah Moore, WR, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- James Williams, SDE, Jackson, Mississippi
- Demarcus Gregory, WR, Duncan, South Carolina
- Jalen Cunningham, DT, Odenville, Alabama
- Scottie Phillips, RB, Ellisville, Mississippi
- Jacquez Jones, LB, Tuscaloosa, Alabama
- Cameron White, S, Madison, Mississippi
- Hal Northern, DT, Senatobia, Mississippi
- Vernon Dasher, OLB, Coffeyville, Kansas
- Quentin Bivens, DT, Waynesboro, Mississippi
- Ka’Darian Hill, DT, Eufaula, Alabama
- Keidron Smith, CB, Palm Beach, Florida
- Jonathan Hess, OLB, Birmingham, Alabama
Needless to say the 2018 Ole Miss football recruiting class turned out much better than many Rebels fans expected. Be sure to stay tuned to OHT for more recruiting news. In the coming days OHT will be profiling each of these players. Congratulations to each signee and welcome to the Ole Miss family. Hotty Toddy!