Fresh Faces In The Circle
More from Ole Miss Softball
- Ole Miss Softball: Rebels fall to Cats, exit College Station early
- Ole Miss Softball: Rebels come back, beat Miss State in SEC Tourney
- Ole Miss Softball: Rebels rack up SEC regular season honors
- Ole Miss Softball: Poor officiating is killing SEC sports
- Ole Miss Softball: No.15 Rebels ready for SEC Tourney
By now every Ole Miss softball fan believes Mike Smith is a great coach. He has built a very strong team in Oxford and has shown his ability to recruit great players. Of course, Ole Miss will have a few fresh faces in the lineup to begin the 2018 season.
In an effort to build his pitching staff and take some pressure off Kaitlin Lee, Smith has added to the roster left-hander Anna Borgen of Heath, Texas. Anna comes into the Rebels lineup with an outstanding high school career. Anna went 44-7 in the circle while issuing a 1.12 ERA and 450 strikeouts. Of course, Borgen is a pitching machine and will make an impact for Ole Miss immediately.
The Rebels also added right-hander Ava Tillman of Cedartown, Georgia to the roster. Tillman tallied a .185 opponent batting average and a 1.61 ERA in high school. Tillman is another pitcher who is believed will be a good one this season.
One more new name on the pitching staff is coach Ashley Chastain. Of course, coach Chastain who comes to Oxford via Michigan State is very familiar with SEC softball. Chastain was a pitcher for South Carolina for three seasons.