More from Ole Hotty Toddy
- Ole Miss Football: How Ole Miss can upset Alabama in top 15 matchup
- Ole Miss Football: Jaxson Dart has a career day against Georgia Tech
- Ole Miss Football: Week 3 preview and odds vs Georgia Tech
- Ole Miss football rises again in the latest AP Poll
- Ole Miss Football: Are the Rebels for real after win vs #22 Tulane?
Coach Lane Kiffin and Ole Miss football will open their season on September 6th in Atlanta, Georgia against the Louisville Cardinals. The Cardinals are members of the ACC and coached by Scott Satterfield who is entering his third season. Hired away from Appalachian State, Satterfield had a really good 2019 season with the Cardinals finishing 8-5 with a Music City Bowl win over Miss State.
2020 was not quite as good with the Cardinals going 4-7 in the pandemic shortened season. However, the Cardinals did have quality wins over Florida State, Syracuse, and Wake Forest as well as a win over Western Kentucky. The Cardinals had some close losses including a 12-7 loss at Notre Dame.
In the 2020 season, the Cardinals averaged 444.2 yards of total offense per game so they have a potent offense. The defense on average however allowed 369.1 yards per game. This could be closer than Rebels fans may want but should be a win for Lane Kiffin and the Rebels with a new and improved defense.
Ole Miss Rebels (1-0)